Thursday, January 26, 2017

Sometimes A Girl Gets Lucky

Yes, sometimes a girl just gets lucky. 
When the timing is right, the place is all set and who you know is more
 important than what you know, luck steps in for the win.
Such was the case when I found these three pieces a few weeks ago. 

Carolina Sun Yellow & Jersey Tomato from CeCe Caldwell's Paints
over a pretty turquoise that was on this piece when I purchased it.


I'd admired them years ago in a local salon owned by some friends of mine, 
Jenny and Jessica. I was online hunting for furniture for sale in our area and stopped on a photo. I immediately recognized this cabinet 
(  solid turquoise before  ) and my heart skipped a beat. 
All I could think was, MINE!!! Back OFF!!!! It's MINE!!!

Then, I noticed who had it for sale. WAIT, I know her!!! I thought, "I've got this" and immediately sent a message to my friend. 

Yay! Still available and waiting for me, yes, me to buy all three cabinets.  SOLD!!

And, the best part was their dad already had them loaded on a trailer and delivered all three right to us. Now, not only am I doing the happy dance, but my husband is as well....no, not really but he was happy, too.



The label on the back says they're imported from Romania.  
They are old, and solid, and so very cool. If you are the type that loved unique and authentic furniture, these are for you.  I'd love to see one of these cupboards used as a coffee or wine bar. 



                                                                     *********
Windsor Blue & Carolina Sun Yellow from CeCe Caldwell's Paints
with a turquoise blue underneath that was there when I purchased this piece. 








                                                ********

Steamer Trunk by Vintiques from Heirloom Traditions
I used the turquoise Aurora Staining gel and finished with the white wax.








I'm truly smitten with all three of them. 
I don't know what you had in mind, but for a girl always hunting furniture, 
this is
 my kind of lucky!

These primitive cabinets / cupboards are available 
on my website, The Turquoise Iris.

2 comments: