Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Rustic Boho Console Table Hand Painted in a Palette of Coastal Waters

Oh my goodness! 

Raise your hand if you love this blue!?!?


If you don't have your hand raised, I get it. This color is bold.  It's risky, especially for those of us that are hoping to sell our painted furniture pieces. For me, this color takes me, outside, to the coast, to the deep blue water of the ocean. It's provides a memory from a past vacation or better yet, helps me looks forward to the next trip to the beach. I know it sounds like a cliche but some colors really do "speak" to me. This combination is energetic but also soothing at the same time.  


   Um, yuck. No thanks, right?








I used General Finishes paint products for this piece This blue covered so easily...only one coat for this fella. 

I used the milk paint in Klein BluePersimmon and Patina Green to create this layered look. I love this piece of furniture.  The hardware is perfect for this rustic boho look I created with the distressed painted finish.  I think it would make a great entry piece or a TV console, don't you?


I thought I'd share one of my go-to's for choosing color combinations.  The color wheel shows complimentary and analogous combinations. The color wheel provides a visual for color context and color harmony. Both of these are needed to please the eye, otherwise, we see boring or chaos...two things I prefer to avoid.




Click HERE and HERE to see the first two pieces in this series, Coastal Waters.  This piece is available on my website, www.theturquoiseiris.com. 


Now let's all get ourselves to the beach!

~~Dionne 

No comments:

Post a Comment