Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Hand Painted Magenta and Teal Desk Furniture Makeover

Oh, and did I mention yellow, also?

I mean really, how could I paint magenta and teal and NOT add yellow...their complimentary friend on the color wheel? 

I recently finished a series of 5 furniture pieces inspired by the bold color and worn weathered finishes of old doors, European in particular.  I received such an overwhelming response to these that I decided to do a Part 2. I have already sold 4 of the 5 pieces in the first series and here is the 1st in the 2nd series, not for the beige lovers.







These two canvas art pieces are included with the purchase of this piece. 


For those of you that follow me on social media, I posted this image last week. The colors grabbed me by the collar and said, "Here, this one next!" - for real...
The response agreed with the voice so I went for it but toned down the turquoise by choosing the darkest shade in the photo. 




Obviously this piece would be great in an office or bedroom but I'm intrigued by the idea of creating a "wine bar" or "coffee bar" with this piece. It would be such an easy way to create color in an existing kitchen / dining space without painting your own cabinets or island.


I'm already planning the next one, #2 in this series, and will have it ready to show you next week!

This piece is available to purchase, HERE on my Etsy shop, The Turquoise Iris.

Blessings,

Dionne

No comments:

Post a Comment