Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Hand Painted Mustard Yellow Accent Table Makeover You Don't Want to Miss!

Okay, so it's been awfully dreary and unusually chilly here in Oklahoma lately.  I'm not necessarily complaining but I need some sunshine! Sometimes you have to make it yourself.



"How wonderful yellow is, it stands for the sun". 

~ Vincent Van Gogh


See, now that's better.  Yellow is energetic and happy.  I added the teal because, well, they compliment one another so well.  I think this antique wash stand can be used just about anywhere in your home, don't you?


Yep, that's a little metallic paint in there, again, energetic and happy! Look at how that paint just highlights that wonderful wood grain.  I created as much texture as I could possibly get in there. 


This piece is available on my Etsy website, The Turquoise Iris. Check out my new shop look, by the way.  



This is the image I have pinned on my Pinterest page. I tried to replicate the colors and also the finish.  My goal is to always create a "one of a kind" piece of furniture.  Being original is often scary and I always feel vulnerable every single time I post my furniture makeovers on social media.  I feel so much gratitude for the lovely comments I have received about this series.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

~~ Dionne

2 comments:

  1. Very striking! I have to agree with you, we have to make sunshine ourselves, sometimes. I am about sick of dreary weather here in Kansas.
    Enjoy the rest of the week, Dionne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your work... I noticed your door pics too, are those door photos taken in Greece?? I have many door photos I took in Greece and have them on Fine Art America.... you are very talented!!

    ReplyDelete