Friday, September 5, 2014

Mid Century Glam Dresser??

I understand the styles, "mid century" and "glam" are not supposed to mingle, but I can't think of a better description for this piece I finished yesterday.  Any ideas?


I custom mixed the paint color myself.  I was looking for a true retro blue tone.  I think I nailed it. 


I added the gold triangle shapes to mimic the original brass caps on the dresser. 



This piece is now available on my Etsy shop, The Turquoise Iris.

"Before"


I started a "Friday Feature Me" on my Instagram feed.  This is the piece I've selected to feature today.  It has been painted by, The Sophisticated Junk Pile.  Don't you just love the style and design. She nailed it on this one.  My goal with this idea is to feature fellow painters' that create a one of a kind look.  There are some extremely talented people in this business and I love to see all of their work.  So, if you are not already, please follow me on Instagram @theturquoiseiris and share your most favorite transformed piece of furniture. 


Blessings and have a happy happy weekend!!

Dionne

1 comment:

  1. You are a whirling dervish of energy the way you whip these things out! I really like the triangle accents. I see these dressers a lot on Craigslist and just think of them with bright colors. But I do like the retro blue you mixed and the little gold accents.

    ReplyDelete